The Springlawn Group of Care Homes has a vacancy to fill a Staff Nurse post at Knockmoyle Lodge, in the rural hinterland of Omagh. We are seeking an enthusiastic & committed staff nurse to join our team.
About the Staff Nurse Post
This is a permanent post, offering 3 to 4 shifts per week. We can offer both day and night shifts. The rate of pay is £18.00 per hour and the staff nurse who is recruited will be given the opportunity to maintain their clinical skills and knowledge
Essential Requirements for the Staff Nurse Post
We are seeking someone who can fill this post by:
- Ensuring the highest level of nursing care to the clients whilst maintaining the client’s dignity and respect at all times
- Leading, supervising and training the care team
- Being responsible for ordering, storing and administering medication
- Excellent written communication skills in order to keep precise and up to date records
- Ability to facilitate in positive working relationships with other health care professionals
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with client’s/client’s families/staff/management
- Knowledge of RQIA guidelines
- Ability to be able to prioritise workload to ensure effective time management skills
Essential criteria include:
- Valid NMC registration is essential.
- Experience in a previous Staff Nurse position
- Care home experience preferred but not essential
- Experience of working in a dementia unit is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
About Knockmoyle Lodge
Knockmoyle Lodge is a 38-room private care home in the rural hinterland of Omagh, with its own separate and specialised Dementia Care Unit. It opened in 1988, and was the first home developed by the Springlawn Group. It has a distinct home-from-home feel – with a range of smaller day and visitor rooms instead of larger impersonal rooms. We have beautifully landscaped outdoor gardens, with water features and a courtyard garden.
Knockmoyle Lodge has a dedicated activity therapist who assists with many different activities on a day to day basis such as reminiscence (photo albums, scrapbooks), singing, arts and crafts, knitting, problem solving Knockmoyle Lodge also has the added bonus of beautifully landscaped gardens with a lake and other water features. Visiting relatives can take their loved one out for a walk around the grounds – just watch out for the geese!
How to Apply For The Staff Nurse Post
For further details or to enquire about this post, please contact Paula on (028) 82 247931 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form & job description.