The Springlawn Group and Glen Caring are sister healthcare organisations based in Omagh who are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced HR Manager. The Springlawn Group of Nursing Homes has 5 residential nursing homes in the Omagh area. Glen Caring is a social care agency operating home care services across the Northern and Western Trust regions.
|Job Title||Human Resources Manager|
|Reports to||General Manager|
|Working Hours||9-5, Monday to Friday with the possibility of working from home 1 day per week|
|Location||Based in Omagh; travelling as and when required to other offices|
|Closing Date & Time||Friday 28th September @ 5.00pm|
|Circa £30,000 per annum|
We are seeking an experienced HR Manager to lead the combined HR team. The role covers responsibilities for all aspects of Human Resources including recruitment, retention, succession planning, performance management, employee relations, policy development, organisational change and CPD.
The HR Manager Will Be Responsible For:
- All HR processes and procedures throughout the company including recruitment, selection and retention, induction, compliance and policies, performance management, training and development.
- Providing legal advice to the managers on any employment regulation up-dates, HR processes or staffing issues.
- Understanding and ensuring full implementation of policies and procedures.
- Establishing priorities, working independently and working without direct supervision on all routine matters.
- Ensuring that we are fully compliant, up-to-date and all staff are aware of relevant policies and regulations
- Ensuring all staff receive the mandatory training at induction and throughout the year
- Managing the overall processes for external and internal Recruitment and Selection
- Creating and continually improving offer letters and contracts of employment
- Managing the collation of references, DBS and NISCC registration relevant to each role.
- Continually reviewing legislation to ensure all policies and procedures are compliant
- Monitoring staff turnover, complete exist interviews and advise general manager on issues associated
- Managing the company’s internal training program
- Overseeing absence management
- Overseeing all performance management processes across the company for the Appraisal cycle, records of interviews, target achievements, training and continuous professional development of employees
- Advising area managers with any investigation, disciplinary or grievances in accordance with employment law.
- Overseeing the budget for the employee engagement program
- Providing support to line managers on leadership responsibilities
- Reporting on the annual employee engagement survey to ensure feedback from employees is collated and interpreted correctly to help improve employee engagement
- Driving alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- Assisting with annual inspections carried out by RQIA and any other healthcare body
- Supporting change management processes.
- Becoming a fully integrated member of the team and assisting colleagues when necessary
- Any other tasks or duties deemed necessary by management
HR Manager Person Specification
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- CIPD Qualification or other HR related degree
- Experience of providing HR advice and guidance to managers/d
- Directors on a range of HR issues
- Excellent PC skills across all Microsoft Packages
- A sound knowledge of current Employment law
- Ability to build strong relationships with fellow members of staff using excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- 5 years HR experience in Healthcare, Hospitality or Retail Industry
How To Apply For the HR Manager Post
To apply for this vacancy please forward an up-to-date CV and covering letter for the attention of Mrs Leah Ormsby via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Glen Caring, 14 Mountjoy Road, Omagh, BT79 7AD
Closing date for this vacancy is 5.00pm on Friday 28th September 2018.