Springlawn Group and Glen Caring are sister healthcare organisations based in Omagh who are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced HR Advisor. The Springlawn Group of Nursing Homes has 5 residential nursing homes in the Omagh area. Glen Caring is a social care agency operating across the Northern and Western Trust region.
|Job Title||Human Resources Advisor|
|Reports to||Human Resources Manager|
|Working Hours||9-5, Monday to Friday|
|Location||Based in Omagh; travelling as and when required to other offices|
|Closing Date & Time||Friday 28th September @ 5pm|
|Circa £24,000 per annum|
We are seeking an experienced HR Advisor to join the combined HR team. The role covers responsibilities for all aspects of Human Resources including recruitment, retention, succession planning, performance management, employee relations, policy development, organisational change and CPD.
HR Advisor Responsibilities
- To be responsible for all HR processes and procedures throughout the company including recruitment, selection and retention, induction, compliance and policies, performance management, training and development.
- To provide legal advice to the managers on any employment regulation up-dates, HR processes or staffing issues.
- Understand and ensure full implementation of policies and procedures.
- Establish priorities, work independently and work without direct supervision on all routine matters.
- To ensure that we are fully compliant, up-to-date and all staff are aware of relevant policies and regulations
- Ensure all staff receive the mandatory training at induction and throughout the year
- Manage the overall processes for external and internal Recruitment and Selection
- Create and continually improve offer letters and contracts of employment
- Manage the collation of references, DBS and NISCC registration relevant to each role.
- Continually review legislation to ensure all policies and procedures are compliant
- Monitor staff turnover, complete exist interviews and advise general manager on issues associated
- Manage the company’s internal training program
- Oversee absence management
- Oversee all performance management processes across the company for the Appraisal cycle, records of interviews, target achievements, training and continuous professional development of employees
- Advise area managers with any investigation, disciplinary or grievances in accordance with employment law.
- Oversee the budget for the employee engagement program
- Provide support to line managers on leadership responsibilities
- Report on the annual employee engagement survey to ensure feedback from employees is collated and interpreted correctly to help improve employee engagement
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- Assist with annual inspections carried out by RQIA and any other healthcare body
- Support change management processes.
- Become a fully integrated member of the team and assist colleagues when necessary
- Any other tasks or duties deemed necessary by management
HR Advisor Person Specification
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- CIPD qualification or other HR related degree
- Experience of providing HR advice and guidance to managers/directors on a range of HR issues.
- Excellent PC skills across all Microsoft Packages.
- A sound knowledge of current Employment law.
- Ability to build strong relationships with fellow members of staff using excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- 2-3 years HR experience in Healthcare, Hospitality or Retail Industry
How To Apply for HR Advisor Post
To apply for this HR Advisor vacancy please forward an up-to-date CV and covering letter for the attention of Mrs Leah Ormsby via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Glen Caring, 14 Mountjoy Road, Omagh, BT79 7AD
Closing date for this vacancy is 5.00pm on Friday 28th September 2018.