Glen Caring is seeking to fill a full-time care co-ordinator post at our Strabane Office. The successful candidate will liaise closely with our care workers and other care professionals such as social workers. They will also maintain care plans and organise rotas for carers.
About The Care Co-Ordinator Post
Glen Caring is a private home care agency which offers support and services to individuals who want to remain independent in their own home. We have an opportunity to recruit a new care co-ordinator for our Strabane Office based in the local town. This is a full-time 9 to 5, Monday to Friday position.
Key Responsibilities for Care Co-Ordinator Post
- Co-ordinate the customer referral process ensuring all customer details are entered into our business operating system
- Maintain and update care plans
- Liaise closely with social workers on a daily basis on client’s needs
- Distribute rotas to care workers on a weekly basis
- Good communication with care workers about changes to rota on a daily basis
- Attending meetings with clients when necessary
- Assisting Human Resources to interview possible candidates for care workers
- Being available to take our out of hours phone when required
Essential Requirements for the Care Co-Ordinator Post:
We require the following skills and experience:
You must be dedicated to providing an excellent customer service as well as reliable, flexible, and well organised. Candidates must also be able to pay attention to detail and enjoy problem solving.
In this role, you will be liaising with a range of people such as support workers, service users, office personnel, social services. Therefore, you must have excellent communication skills. You must be IT literate as you will be using a care database on a daily basis.
Candidates must also have the following qualifications:
- GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent is essential.
- Experience working in the Health and Social Care sector is essential
- A Health and Social Care qualification is preferable
Candidates must be willing to undertake a police disclosure form. Disclosure expense will be met by the applicant. Candidates must also have a full driving license to be able to visit clients when required.
Rate of pay will be discussed at the interview stage
About Glen Caring
Glen Caring has been providing home care services since 1995. Today our team of trained carers and office/management staff enable our clients to remain at home with confidence and reassurance. With the help of our care assistants, our clients can enjoy an improved quality of life. So, they can live as independently as possible in the community they know and love.
All staff receive a full training induction before starting work and we will support them to gain accredited qualifications. The training and qualifications will develop them professionally and teach new skills. You can find out more about Glen Caring here. https://www.glencaring.com/
Services Glen Caring Provides
At Glen Caring, we offer a range of social care services to clients who require care at home to maintain both their health and their independence. These services include everything from meals and household duties and shopping to personal care and companionship. We offer our services in many different ways as follows:
- Self Directed Support – which offers clients the ‘choice, flexibility and control’ to take charge of their own care package
- Private Home Care – home care packages customised to meet the needs of any individual or family.
- Specialist Care – such as dementia care, palliative care and end-of-life care
- Respite and Sitting Services – these offer clients to enjoy a caring and fun experience while also providing their families with the support they need to take a much-deserved break.It includes e.g. suitable minibus for the transport of service users offering day trips for example shopping, cinema, library, concerts – along with weekend breaks. It also includes sitting services and over night packages are designed to offer support and reassurance for clients and their families.
You can find out more about our services here: https://www.glencaring.com/services/
How to Apply for the Care Co-Ordinator Post:
If you would like to know more about this vacancy, or would like an application form, please contact Lisa on 02882252666. Application forms are also available to download from our website here
Closing Date: Wednesday 10th October 2018 @ 5pm